When an accident has happened, the first thing to do is activate the cell phone and start the rescue chain. Therefore a mobile phone with a full battery and a charger are an essential part of your equipment.
Mountain rescue & first aid
Ready for any eventuality
Sudden thunderstorms, climbing in rough and almost impassable terrain, a slip and fall or a sudden feeling of faintness: Suddenly it can become dangerous in the mountains. It's important to organize help quickly in order to help others or oneself. You are always perfectly prepared with the Emergency App of the local mountain rescue service on your mobile phone plus a good outdoor first aid kit in your backpack.
First aid and emergency call
«« 140: Mountain rescue service – Alpine emergency
«« 112: European emergency number (works with any mobile phone & all available networks)
If there is no reception and in dead spots, no emergency calls can be made. → Go to an area with better reception and dial 112 regularly. Euro emergency: Access to all available networks if 112 is dialled after switching on the phone instead of entering the PIN or by using the SOS emergency function.
Reporting an accident
- Who is reporting / call-back number?
- What is the exact location of the accident?
- What has happened?
- How many people are injured?
Did you know that? The Tirol Mountain Rescue ...
- helps where other rescue organizations are already stuck
- provides professional help in high Alpine terrain
- can rely on a professionally trained team of volunteers
- is on standby around the clock, 365 days a year
- consists of 92 local service points to be at the place of accident as quickly as possible
Emergency App Leitstelle Tirol
Smart phone users can install the new emergency app provided by Leitstelle Tirol. It helps making an emergency call and transmits one’s location.