Trail length and time required
160 m of altitude gain; 250 m of rope length; 1.5 - 2 hours.
SAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Complete climbing gear required.
Tips, hints and linksMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
Getting thereLängenfeld is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
Passing Umhausen you follow the Ötztaler Bundesstraße to Längenfeld's district Au. At kilometre 19,4 turn right towards Winklen. Follow the course of the road to Unterried. From the parking lot you reach the access point of the via ferrata in 15 min.
ParkingThere is a parking lot behind the local heritage museum.