OETZ -> Piburger See -> Wellerbrücke -> OETZ
Walk from the village center of Oetz next to the river to "Brandach-bridge"/Rafting entrance. Cross the bridge and follow the trail first over the fields and the through the forest up to the lake Piburger See. Walk around the lake. On your way back, you take the forest road and the Weller-bridge to come back to Oetz.
Safety informationEasy hiking trail, particularly suitable for beginners. Please mind the current weather forecast at www.oetztal.com
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Oetz / Piburg:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking lot Raftingeinsteinstelle (at the end of Oetz on the right side) - free, but limited parking (alternatively Acherkogelbahn 150 m), camping prohibited
- Oetz parking area (subject to a charge)
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Central parking place Oetz, The ticket is available at the information office Oetz.
- Parking Piburg at the Hotel Seerose, subject to charges.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.