From the village center you follow the signposted trail to Gurgler Ache brook where you take the climbing route through steep grass slopes, crossing several small glacier brooks. At approx. 2300 m altitude you reach quaint Küppelealm. Heading towards the uppe rvalley, you can make out Ramolhaus towering on a rocky ridge. Continue on the trail, below Ramolhaus, until you get to the newly installed path to the Piccard Bridge. Cross the bridge and follow Langtal towards Langtalereck Hütte. The descent back to Obergurgl starts here.
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergugl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.