Mobility & Traffic in Sölden
From A to B without worries
In Sölden distances are short - also without using your private car. This is ensured by professional taxi services which take guests safely and comfortably to their destination around the clock. In addition, all the valley's highlights and outing destinations can be easily reached with shuttles, public bus lines and Sölden's mountain lifts. No matter if you need a taxi for the way home after a dancing night, a trip to the mountain or a full-day excursion within Ötztal, the following providers guarantee quick and easy transport options.
bus , taxi/radio taxi
Daily hiking buses
- Umhausen - Niederthai
- Längenfeld - Gries
- Sölden - Windachtal
As a cardholder of the Ötztal Inside Summer Card, you can use the hut taxis at a reduced price (on the normal price).
Attention: bikes are not transported!
The taxis run once a week in the following locations:
- Tuesday: Längenfeld - Wurzbergalm - Stabelealm - Innerbergalm
- Tuesday: Niederthai - Horlachtal
- Wednesday: Umhausen - Hintere Fundusalm
- Thursday: Oetz - Vordere Tumpenalm - Armelen Hut
- Thursday: Längenfeld - Huben - Polltalalm - Breitlehnalm
Reference is made to the transport regulations in the bus timetable of the VVT - Regio Ötztal.
The timetables are available from all sale points, your accommodation and all information offices from Ötztal Tourismus.
Please note that dogs are required to wear a muzzle.
sports/leisure facility , bicyclingOpening Hours:
Taxi company in Sölden.Opening Hours:
- State-of-the-art 10-seater gondola lift, extraordinary architecture and cable car technology
- Restaurant Wirtshaus Giggijoch at the mountain station
- Starting point for wonderful hikes
- Rotkogelhütte (2,662 m) with a view of the glacier approx. 1 hour
- Restaurant Sonnblick with children's playground in Hochsölden (2,090 m)
- BIKE REPUBLIC SÖLDEN
- Bike transport for a fee
Ascent and descent tariffs:
€ 21.00 | adults
€ 11.50 | children
Parking: Parking lot & parking garage at the Giggijochbahn valley station
Bus stop: Sölden Giggijochbahn (2 minutes walk)
- Detachable 6-seater chairlift with wind protection hood
- BIKE REPUBLIC SÖLDEN: Ollweit Line directly from the mountain station to the valley station
- Rotkogelhütte (2,662 m) directly at the mountain station
- Hiking opportunities to the Schwarzsee, Schwarzkogl, Rotkogl or the glacier
- Bike transport for a fee
Ascent and descent tariffs
€ 15.50 | adult
€ 8.50 | children
Parking: Sölden toll station car park
Bus stop: Sölden toll station (15 minutes' walk)
gas station , car/motor vehicle workshop
Among the rest, bistro for breakfast and the small meal occasionally candy, food for the close need, deep chill goods, presents, toys, newspapers and tobacco products belongs to the assortment.
The most modern car wash with contour-leading joint brushes for especially careful, thorough cleaning...
Maut-/Aussichtsstraßen , mountain/cable railway
FACTS SKI AREA SÖLDEN
31 state-of-the-art mountain railways featuring a total capacity of 65.500 persons per hour, guarantee ultimate skiing fun without queuing.
Ski area between 1,350 - 3,340 m
144 km of slopes, including 69,8 km of blue ski runs, 44,8 km of red trails, 27,4 km of black pistes and 2 km of skiroutes are available.
Snow is absolutely guaranteed from October trough May:
- the ski area's high-Alpine location (1,350 - 3,250 m)
- 2 glacier ski areas at Rettenbach & Tiefenbach
- snow making systems covering appr. 70% of all slopes
Connection between the ski area and the glacier slopes by gondola called Golden Gate to the Glacier.
longest ski trail (15 km) featuring 2000m elevation change,
free parkinig areas and free Wi-Fi in the ski area. Skidepots- and Skirent at the base stations (sport shops).
Taxi in SöldenOpening Hours:
e-Tankstelle Grünwald Resort Sölden
Charging plug: 3x type 22 kW
Price: € 30 flat rate
3 x parking for electric cars
free parking during charging