Alpine Ski World Cup venue and one of Europe's most renowned Ski & Snowboard Resorts. The infinite number of slopes and ski trails for all levels and abilities coupled with the perfect grooming of not less than 144 km of slopes make Sölden a truly unique winter sports center.
31 state-of-the-art ski lifts and gondolas with a total capacity of 67,000 persons/hour guarantee ultimate skiing fun without queuing.
Sölden stands for the full force of winter!Sölden's great winter ski area is directly connected to the glacier slopes by a number of ski lifts and gondolas called Golden Gate to the Glacier. Skiing enthusiasts can ski uninterrupetedly from the village of Sölden up to the glaciers at the elevation of 3,250 m - With a total length of 15.0 km the ski route from Schwarze Schneide at Rettenbach Glacier is the region's longest ski trail featuring nearly 2,000 m elevation change.
THE 2 MOST POWERFUL FEEDER MOUNTAIN GONDOLAS WORLD-WIDE
The new, state-of-the-art Giggijoch mono-rope mountain gondola with 10-person cabins opens up new dimensions when it comes to capacity and modern comfort - by transporting incredible 4500 persons per hour in ultramodern gondola cabins.
Thanks to the Gaislachkogl gondola with 8-person cabins (3600 persons/hour) and the new Giggijoch gondola with 10-person cabins (4500 persons/hour) the splendid Sölden Ski Area has the two most powerful feeder mountain gondolas world-wide!it.
144 km of SLOPES
A varied choice of ski slopes on 429 ha for all preferences:
- 69,8 km blue ski trails (easy)
- 44,8 km red ski trails (intermediate)
- 27,4 km black ski trails (difficult)
- 1,9 km ski routes
- 143,9 km in total*
Easy beginners' slopes in Innerwald and at Giggijoch, varied blue and red ski pistes spread all over the ski area, truly challenging ski routes at the Gaislachkogl ski mountain. Sölden is also famous for its wide open and perfectly groomed ski runs where 24 snow-grooming machines are in operation every day. Free riders get together on Gaislachkogl peak (3058m) where they find superb powder slopes off the beaten tracks.
SNOW IS GUARANTEED
from October through May thanks to the
- High Alpine location of the slopes (1,350 - 3,340 m)
- 2 glacier ski areas at Rettenbach & Tiefenbach
- Artificial snow-making systems covering more than 77% of the slopes
BIG3 - BIG3 RALLY
Sölden has the marvelous BIG 3 vantage points - Therefore it is Austria's only ski area with 3 mountains higher than 3,000 meters which are accessible by top modern lifts. The BIG 3 are:
- Gaislachkogl (3,058 m)
- Tiefenbachkogl (3,250 m)
- Schwarze Schneide (3,340 m)
And the BIG 3 Rally ranks among the most beautiful ski trails across the entire ski region, also comprising a visit to all BIG 3 platforms.
More than 30 huts and mountain restaurants within the ski area are warmly welcoming you! Rustic mountain huts, umbrella bars, spacious free-flow restaurants cater to suit all tastes. Great après-ski ambience is guaranteed as well.
The longest ski trails
- Downhill ski trail from the BIG3 viewing platform at Schwarze Schneide (3,340 m) to Gaislachkogl base terminal (1,370 m)
Difference in altitude: 1,970 m | Length: approx. 15 km
- Downhill ski route from the BIG3 panoramic platform at Gaislachkogl (3,048 m) to Gaislachkogl base terminal (1,370 m)
Difference in altitude: 1,678 m | Length: approx. 10 km
- Downhill ski slope from Rosskirpl chair lift top station (2,744 m) to Giggijoch base terminal (1,353 m)
Difference in altitude: 1,391 m | Length: approx. 9 km
- Downhill ski run from the Rotkoglhütte mountain inn (2,660 m) to Gaislachkogl base terminal (1,370 m)
Difference in altitude: 1,290 m | Length: approx. 8 km
The steepest ski slopes
- Night skiing slope, show area: Piste no. 3a
- Silver trail: downhill run no. 7 from Stabele chair lift to Innerwald ski area
- Piste no. 14: upper part of the slope at Roßkirpl chair lift
- Piste no. 25: next to Schwarzkogl chair lift
- Rettenbach glacier, World Cup slope: Piste no. 31
The most breathtaking views
- BIG3 Schwarze Schneide (3,340 m): At 15 walking minutes (strenuous climb!) from the top station of Schwarze Schneide mountain gondola (vertical ascent: 90 m) - A natural viewing platform offering great vistas up to 100 km (Dolomites, Marmolada, Ortler, Zugspitze)
- BIG3 Tiefenbachkogl (3,250 m): Panoramic footbridge located at the top station of Tiefenbach mountain gondola - a 20 m-long catwalk with Tirol's highest mountain, the majestic Wildspitze peak (3,776 m), as lovely backdrop
- BIG3 Gaislachkogl (3,048 m): The viewing platform at the top station of Gaislachkogl mountain gondola - located directly at the new restaurant's roof - easily accessible also for non-skiers
- Rotkogelhütte mountain inn (2,660 m): Quaint mountain hut in a truly outstanding location between the Giggijoch ski area and the glacier ski lifts - stunning vistas of Rettenbach Glacier and the northern ridge of Gaislachkogl peak with its countless ski routes for experts
* Slope kilometers: Slope surface / 30 m average width of slopes = Length of slopes/slope kilometers