We respect your
right to privacy!
These cookies are absolutely necessary for the operation of this site and enable safety related functionalities, for example. Additionally, this type of cookie is as well used to save your personal cookie settings.
In order to further improve both our offer and website, we collect anonymized data for statistics and analyzes. By means of these cookies we can, for example, analyze the number of visitors and the effect of certain pages on our website by optimizing our content.
We use these cookies to improve usability of the site for you. For example, based on an accommodation search you already made, you can conveniently access the same lodging when you visit our website again.
These cookies are used to display personalized content that matches your interests. It enables us to provide you with offers that are particularly relevant to your personally planned trip.
Power skiers who don't want to miss Sölden's fabulous slopes for a second enjoy their lunch and drinks from the varied buffet offering appetizingly prepared, fresh food and friendly staff - simply choose your favorite dish. Lean back for a moment, enjoy the delicious food in the restaurant or on the sunny terrace outside: the countdown for the next adventure on the slopes has already started.
|COVID-19 safety measures for mountain gastronomy|
Modern Alpine mountain hut with large sunbathing terrace. Fantastic view of Rettenbach glacier, Wildspitze and Stubai Alps. Children's playground, scenic St. Mary's chapel. Traditional, regional meals.
New: Start of „Ollweite Line“ directly at the hut.
Winter: umbrella bar
ALMZEIT focus: Summit Time - easy walkings to summits like Rotkogel, Schwarzkogel.
Summer: open from beginning of July to mid September
Winter: open as soon as ski lifts open, approx. mid November to end of April
NEW: Langeggbahn 6-seater lift right to the hut
Hiking or with the bike from Giggijoch gondola, time: 1 h
Hikinf from Rotkogel lift, time: 1 h
Hiking from Hochsölden, time: 2 h
Hiking or with the bike from Rettenbach Glacier time: 1.5 h
with the bike from Sölden - glacier road - turn right at the sand silo, time: 3 h
Peak hikes: Rotkogl, time: 1 h, Schwarzkogl, time: 1.5 h, Schwarzsee, time: 0.5 h
Enjoy Tyrolean specialties on the panoramic sun deck. Let yourself be treated by our kitchen team in our newly designed á la carte restaurant. Cozy lounges invite you to relax and linger and a spacious playground with a wide variety of equipment (swings, 20 m long tunnel slide, water games, trampoline etc.) awaits your children. The new Hochsölden-Rotkoglbahn, which opened in November 2019, is also open during the summer season for our hikers, bikers & mountain enthusiasts. The middle station is located directly next to the Sonnblick and is an absolute asset for our guests. Of course, the Sonnblick is also easily accessible for pedestrians in summer with the two lifts (Giggijoch base station - Giggijoch mountain station - walk to Hochsölden-Rotkoglbahn mountain station - descent to Sonnblick-Hochsölden-Rotkoglbahn middle station).
Bike Republic Sölden fans already know that the Sonnblick is located right at the end of the -HARBE LINE- or the beginning of the -GAHE LINE-.
With us, everyone gets what they need. Whether you hike, bike or just want to enjoy the view – at the Sonnblick you are at the right place. We are proud to be able to present you such a variety. We are happy to organize hut evenings for groups upon request. We serve warm meals all day - regional specialties made from the best local quality. We are looking forward to your visit.
Sonnblick as a starting point for numerous hikes such as:
- Gampe Thaya, Gampe Alm,
- Dr. Bachmannweg
- Rotkogelhütte etc.
Opening Times summer/winter:
Summer: open from the beginning of June till the beginning of December
Winter: open from the beginning of December till middle of April
More facts about the Bergrestaurant Sonnblick:
- direct hiking trail from the Giggijoch mountain station (30 min. downhill)
- reachable in any weather via the road from Sölden (2h)
- Easily accessible via the Sölden / Hochsölden bike and hiking area with the Giggijochbahn / Hochsölden-Rotkoglbahn, even for guests who are not so good on foot
- located directly on the following SHAPED LINES of the Bike Republic -HARBE LINE- (Plan Bike Republic 6008)
and -GAHE LINE- (Plan Bike Republic 6028)
- by bike directly from Sölden or from the middle station Gaislachkoglbahn via the Rettenbachtrail to Hochsölden
- Accessible by car via the road to Hochsölden (P in front of the Sonnblick)
Lovingly prepared Austrian dishes are served in the cozy Wirtshausstube parlor or on the separate, sheltered Wirtshaus terrace. Your meals are accompanied by selected premium wines of local winemakers or fresh draft beers. Stop off at the inviting Wirtshaus Bar and enjoy a cappuccino, a glass of wine or beer. Early birds can book a sumptuous breakfast in the Wirtshaus to boost their energy level for the day's skiing.Opening Hours:
Our Snow Beach on the Tiefenbach Glacier is the perfect complement to our self-service restaurant right next to it.
Cool drinks and delicious food in a cozy atmosphere are waiting for you. Take a seat on our sun terrace and enjoy your vacation in the middle of the breathtaking Ötztal mountains. Whether you are sunbathing in a deck chair or making yourself comfortable in our rustic interior - we look forward to welcome you soon.
Summer or winter - the Gletscher Arena Sölden is always worth a visit.
For more information about the Gletscher Arena Sölden please visit our website: www.oetztalergletscher.com
How do I get to the Snow Beach Tiefenbach:
- via the glacier road by bus or by car
Hikes around the Snow Beach Tiefenbach
- panoramic trail Tiefenbach - Vent (walking time approx. 4 - 4.5 h; moderate hike)
The starting point is the Tiefbach glacier car park area.
- from the Tiefenbach Gletscher Restaurant with 8 seater gondola lift (Tiefenbachbahn) to the BIG 3,
great view – you can see the highest mountain in Tyrol - WILDSPITZE 3,774 m
Good to know:
- Fernar Trail (very demanding) - new line of the Bike Republic Sölden; starting point: Tiefenbach
Our Tiefenbach Gletscher Restaurant is the glacier meeting point at 2,796 m.
Be our guest and let us pamper you. Whether for sunbathing on our sun terrace, for eating and drinking in our cozy lounges or just to enjoy this fantastic view of the cautious three-thousand-meter peaks of the Ötztal Alps.
Our self-service restaurant improves with quality, friendliness and speed. With traditional Tyrolean cuisine, pasta, pizza, homemade specialties, delicious soups, a vitamin corner and not to forget, of course our traditional pastries.
Our kitchen team only uses the best quality for cooking. The cozy lounges invite you to relax and linger. Our wide-view restaurant impresses with its view of the surrounding Ötztal mountains.
The Gletscher Arena Sölden is worth a visit in summer as winter.
We look forward to welcome you in our restaurant.
Our offer at a glance
- 2 large sun terraces
- glacier bar with OPEN ROOF
- daily bar
- salad bar and freshness corner, traditional home-made dishes
- large selection of homemade cakes and strudels
- sports shop Riml
- seminars and events are possible on request
- Snow Beach Tiefenbach – our bistro /bar next to the self-service restaurant; T: + 43 (0) 5254 501 516
How do I get to the Tiefenbach Gletscher Restaurant/Snow Beach Tiefenbach:
- via the glacier road by bus or by car
Hikes around the Tiefenbach Glacier Restaurant/Snow Beach Tiefenbach
- panoramic trail Tiefenbach - Vent
(walking time approx. 4 - 4.5 h; moderate hike)
The starting point is the Tiefbach glacier car park area
- from the Tiefenbach Gletscher Restaurant with 8 seater gondola lift (Tiefenbachbahn)
to the BIG 3, great view – you can see the highest mountain in Tyrol -
WILDSPITZE 3,774 m
Good to know:
- Fernar Trail (very demanding) - new line of the Bike Republic Sölden;
starting point: Tiefenbach glacier
Our completely renovated Rettenbach Market Restaurant combines tradition and modern architecture. The new restaurant has been modernized with great attention to detail. Cozy rooms and niches invite you to relax and linger.
With a lot of love for the job, our team conjures up delicious food for you. Our self-service restaurant leaves nothing to be desired. We offer for you from traditional Tyrolean cuisine to soups, salads, pizza & pasta and desserts to grilled specialities. There, where the world cup race takes place every year, you can enjoy a delicious meal and a breathtaking view in the heart of nature.
We look forward to welcome you in Gletscher Arena Sölden soon. Your Gletscher Arena team
Our offer at a glance:
- self-service restaurant
- Gletschertisch service restaurant on the 1st floor
(please consider opening times)
- sun terrace with view of the World Cup slope
- bar with a cozy lounge
- bar Gletscherspalte with mobile roof
- Riml sports shop
- parking space available
How do you get to us:
- via glacier road by bus or by car
Hikes around the Rettenbach Market Restaurant:
- from toll station (2 - 2.5 hours) to the Rettenbach Market Restaurant
- from the Rettenbach Alm along the panoramic trail to the Gampe Thaya
(rustic Alpine hut / delicacies - all natural, cheese dairy;
walking time 1 - 1.5 hours / easy hike)
- continue from Gampe Thaya to Sonnblick mountain restaurant
in Hochsölden (walking time again approx. 1 - 1.5 hours / easy hike)
- further from Gampe Thaya to Sölden
- ambitious hikes: from the Rettenbach Market Restaurant over Rettenbachjoch or Pitztaler Jöchl (right hand) to the Braunschweiger hut
- In picturesque location on the way to the glacier
- Large sunbathing terrace with relaxation area
- Breathtaking view of Rettenbach glacier
- Great selection of specialties in the self-service restaurant
- Fresh products, yogurt, fresh fruit
- Salad bar with a fine selection of delights
- Sweets, cakes, strudel, sliced pancake...
- Day bar with coffee specialties
A stop at the market restaurant is recommended for a quick refreshment between sporty downhill runs, fulfilling the desire to enjoy high quality catering in a short time. In addition to well-known classics, this gastronomy area comes up with contemporary food concepts. Nutritional trends such as vegan or vegetarian dishes will complement the rich offer. Appetizing highlight: At the live cooking station hungry guests can watch how their food is freshly prepared by combining their favorite ingredients for pasta, wok or bowl dishes according to their very own preferences. The innovative payment system guarantees that you save time. Great advantage: You only need to pay after you have eaten. Therefore, restaurant visitors can enjoy their warm dishes immediately.Opening Hours:
Summer: Will remain closed in the summer of 2022 until further notice.
To Panoramarestaurant Stablein:
from Vent with Wildspitze double chair lift (10 min)
from Vent along the trail below the chair lift time: 1.3 h, length: 2.54 km, altitude gain: 450 m
from Vent via Panoramaweg time: 1.5 h, length: 5 km, altitude gain: 450 m
Crossings: Breslauer Hütte, Rofenhöfe farms
Peak climbs: Wilder Mann with great view of Wildspitze